Each photo session is special. We experiment with fabric, props,
different backdrops, clothing, artistic techniques, lenses and light,
to capture unique images. Our goal is for you and your family to feel
relaxed, to have fun, and to be yourself! We spend the time focusing
on your personality, while collaborating together to find real moments
and ultimately creating a very special fine art photograph.
The studio is located on the first level of our home, a private but
personal setting that creates a relaxed environment for your photo
Tips for a successful photo session:
- Schedule your photo session on a day that you or your family will
be relaxed and well rested.
- Allow yourself to concentrate on the photo session by not scheduling
too many appointments on the same day as your shoot. Schedule a
2 hour block of time for your session (the actual photo shoot usually
lasts about one hour).
- Eat a light snack before the photo session.
- Wear the type of clothing that reflects your personality and style,
whether formal or casual. Clothing should be without too much writing
or branding, unless that is the purpose of the shoot. If in doubt,
just bring it and we can decide before the photo session begins.
- Make-up and jewelry are fine, although lots of jewelry can be
distracting. If in doubt, just bring it and we can decide before
the photo session begins.
- For pregnant moms, don't wear anything with elastic (such as underwear
or a bra) on the day of the shoot so no strap marks will appear
on the photographs.
- For pregnant moms, children, and newborns, please bring any clothing
that you would like to use in the photograph. We do provide a selection
of fabrics to use as drapery. We also have hats, scarves, and other
accessories we can use for children.
- For newborns, schedule the shoot time depending on the baby's
mood and feeding schedule.
- Bring your baby's or child's favorite toys to play with or to
distract them if they start to fuss.
- If the shoot is in your home, only the family should be present
to prevent distractions.
- Personal cameras are not allowed at photo sessions.
Please don't hesitate to contact us
if you have any further questions.